NEWT has earned its reputation in the Canadian telecommunications industry for its innovative business communications products and services. That is due to our in-house philosophy of building our own stuff. We don’t rely on 3rd party products, we develop it all right here in our Cambridge head office and our NEWT Managed PBX is just one example. This feature-packed piece of technology is helping thousands of Canadian businesses streamline their operations and optimise their communications with vendors, leads and customers.
The NEWT development team is looking to add a key player to make the NEWT Managed PBX even better.
At Fibernetics, our purpose is to deliver happiness and connections every day by being awesome. This is the company’s calling and if you believe this to be your calling too, we want to hear from you!
We are inviting an awesome Software Developer to join our Technology team to contribute to delivering happiness and connections every day. The unique tasks that you will take pride in accomplishing are listed below.
ways you contribute
• You will be responsible for designing and implementing new applications for the Fibernetics Digital PBX and other products or services
• You will want to work in an entrepreneurial environment where your work makes a huge impact
• You will demonstrate troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
• You will be able to work independently and as a team player
• You contribute to a positive workplace culture
• You deliver happiness to your teammates and to customers by sharing your skills and abilities
what makes you awesome
• You have a minimum of 3+ years Asterisk or Freeswitch platform development at a very high level
• You have excellent knowledge of Linux/Unix environment and security principles
• You have experience with mobile platform development
• You have a background in web application development
• You have knowledge of VoIP, Network Management, Client Server, Protocol Stacks
• You have an in-depth understanding of TCP/IP
• You know database storage and data models: MySQL, XML
• Previous employment with a telecommunications service provider considered an asset
• College or University degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
• English language proficiency skills (written and oral)
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be in. We look forward to hearing from you!