Did you know that the network that all the traffic generated by NEWT, our business services division, Worldline, our residential division, our wholesale division and Fongo, our mobile partner, makes us one of the largest in the country?
No? We’re currently crunching the numbers and the early wagering has the Fibernetics CLEC network, with all its points of presence spread across the country, somewhere around fifth biggest in Canada, and Canada, if you didn’t know, is HUGE!
Over the next few weeks we’ll find out for sure, but fifth? Just behind the Big Three (and another company sort of like us out west)? Wow!
Overseeing a massive network like that is a big job and our CTO, Francisco Dominguez is looking for some help to do just that. What he’s looking for is a:
We are one of Canada’s fastest growing telecommunications companies and one of Waterloo Region’s emerging start-up success stories! Our rapid success has been leveraged by a marriage of established legacy systems with emerging internet protocol based technologies. This success has translated into growth and many new career opportunities and therefore we are looking for talented people to join our team!
We offer a high energy, professional yet casual work environment with the opportunity to make a difference every day. It’s an environment where everyone’s contribution is valued and rewarded. We take pride in our ability to have fun and celebrate our successes together. In return, we are looking for people who are creative and passionate about their work. Successful employees have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for technology. If we are describing you, then consider becoming a part of the Fibernetics team!
The Network Engineer is responsible for creating, defining and managing the Network Operations Department.
Network Operations Centre: Develop and run systems and processes that ensure that the Fibernetics/Worldline/295/FPL network isconsistently monitored.
Fault Management: Develop and manage systems and processes to ensure that faults are identified, resolved and reported upon. Develop standards for MMTR and other Fault Management metrics. Develop and maintain escalation procedures for network troubles.
Security Management: Develop and manage systems and processes to ensure that Network Incursions are identified, resolved and reported upon. Provideinput on ensuring incursions do not recur.
Site Operations: Develop and manage systems and processes to Install & Maintain equipment at the Fibernetics/Worldline/295/FPL Network Sites. Ensure sites themselves are maintained in a professional manner.
System Administration: Develop and manage systems and processes to administer all of the Fibernetics/Worldline/295/FPL server systems, including all OSS/BSS/NMS/EMS administrative and Service Platform Systems. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- 4-7+ years of Network Operations, Server Operations or Network Management in a Carrier / Service provider Environment (multi-site dynamic routing / BGP / OSPF / link management / engineering)
- Minimum CCDP / CCNP Cisco certification
- Preferred Education: University Degree or College diploma in System Administration, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Strong working knowledge of Unix / Linux
- Experience in Unix/Linux scripting and rudimentary software development
- Excellent computer skills with strong MS Office skills (Excel)
- Experience developing business cases and ROI analysis
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Able to work independently.
- Strong team player with the ability to persuade, influence and negotiate partnerships with suppliers
- Extremely professional with excellent interpersonal, relationship, and communication skills (written, oral, and presentation).
- Ability to overcome resistance, solve problems, and meet demanding time constraints.
- Ability to conduct and manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to be on call / address emergency circumstances on an as needed basis
To Apply please forward your resume and cover letter to: